Privacy and Data Collection Policy
Last Updated on July 1, 2020 (To view previous version click here.
FranConnect, LLC. (FranConnect) is committed to protecting the privacy of the people who use the internet systems that we provide. This document describes our policies and practices regarding the collection and use of personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect may include domain names, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, e-mail addresses contact information (such as name, address, and telephone numbers) and any other information that you otherwise provide and/or we receive through our systems (“information”).
IF YOU DO NOT WANT FRANCONNECT TO COLLECT, STORE, AND PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, THEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO OPT-OUT USING OUR CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We only collect and use PI from you for the purpose of providing the information and services that you request. FranConnect does not sell, rent, retain, use, disclose, release, transfer, make available, or otherwise communicate any PI for any purpose other than for the specific purpose requested. Information collected is only used for proper business purposes and at no time will be used outside that scope.
PI processed by FranConnect shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the intended processes or purposes. You have the right to request what PI of yours we possess, and you have the right to request that your PI be deleted from our systems.
Information You Give Us.
We collect your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, and demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), as well as any other information you directly give us.
Information We Get From Others.
We may receive additional PI about you, such as demographic information, from third-party business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other vendors that we may use to supplement the PI that we collect directly from you.
- Save user preferences and settings,
- Customize the content for individual users,
- Track session information (for example, determining if you are logged in or have visited before), and
- Facilitate and enhance your interaction with the contents of the website.
We may also use methods such as Google Analytics to track usage of our websites so that we can continue to improve them.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FranConnect may use your PI as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- to link or combine user PI with other information;
- to provide and deliver products and services at your request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FranConnect may share PI as follows:
- We may share PI with your consent. For example, you may let us share PI with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We use third-party web analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) on our services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research and reporting.
- We may share PI if FranConnect merges or is combined with any other organization, or if it transfers all or substantially all of its assets or operations to another organization, it may disclose PI it collects from you to the other organization so that the other organization can continue to provide services to you while maintaining your PI rights of both access and choice. The other organization will be bound by this policy.
- We may share PI for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share PI to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share PI to protect the rights and property of FranConnect our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements and policies.
- We may share PI in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
FranConnect may contract with other companies to provide various services to our customers on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services directly. For example, we may contract with a cloud hosting provider to host some or all of the processing and communication services that we provide. By continuing to use our services, you consent to our use of these third-party providers.
FranConnect complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of PI from the EEA region, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
The PI (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies will be disclosed to or collected directly by these Service Providers, who use the PI to evaluate your use of the services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends across FranConnect products, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your PI for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
FranConnect will retain PI for only so long as needed to provide services to our customers or to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
When you give us PI, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely through the use of strong security and encryption.
DISCLOSURE AS REQUIRED BY LAW
We may need to disclose certain PI of users when we have a reasonable and good-faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, or to otherwise enforce or protect our rights under applicable law. In this situation we will use reasonable efforts to provide notice of this disclosure to all affected users, to the extent reasonably possible under the circumstances.
We will use at least industry-standard security measures to protect against the loss, alteration, misuse, and unauthorized disclosure or access of the information under our control. The servers that we use to store information are kept in secure data center environments with physical access restrictions and continuous monitoring.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
FranConnect has put in place certain technological and procedural security functions in order to protect the PI it collects, uses, or transfers from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
When transferring PI to and from third parties, FranConnect uses strong encryption and limits exposure through the use of industry-standard data monitoring practices.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, FranConnect will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response. FranConnect’s security procedures and data warehousing security ensure that potential intrusions are monitored and reported in a timely manner consistent with current data privacy regulations.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each communication or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your e-mail address and/or mobile phone number in the message, along with the client from which you wish to unsubscribe, and write the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing e-mails. Non-marketing e-mails include e-mails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website interacts with you.
You have the right to access the PI that we hold about you and you have the right to request it be deleted. If you make a request for your PI, we will provide it to you or your designated agent free of charge within a reasonable time frame. If you make a request that your PI be deleted, we will provide confirmation it has been deleted from our systems free of charge within a reasonable time frame as well.
Before providing or deleting PI, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us so that we can properly locate your information.
If any of the PI we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. There is no charge for an individual to access or update his or her PI. If you would like to exercise any of these rights or lodge a complaint, please contact us as set out below.
DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING
FranConnect may access and process PI as necessary to provide you services. PI will be transferred to, and processed by, FranConnect in the United States but may be transferred to other jurisdictions where our Sub-Processors have operations. FranConnect shall ensure such transfers are made in compliance with the requirements of the applicable data protection law(s) and regulation(s).
All inquiries, complaints, and questions concerning this Policy or related issues may be sent to email@example.com, or by postal mail to:
ATTN: Privacy Administrator
13865 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 150
Herndon, VA 20171